So Jen over at Sprite’s Keeper came up with the clever name “The Spin Cycle” for her Friday participation posts, where everyone gets a chance to write their spin on her Friday Topics. Awesome name! Now, all you need is a button (check out N.W. Designs, I think she might do buttons!) Thanks for letting me test it out with ya! So, the topic for this week is “work” or lack there of..lol
The first thing that came to mind when I read this weeks topic was an image of Ru Paul singing:
“work, turn to the left. work, now turn to the right. work, sashay shante”
So, I’ve decided to tackle my weight problem once again! I didn’t think anyone would notice when I removed my weight challenge from my blog, but I was wrong. Jen over at Sprite’s Keeper brought it up in a recent phone conversation “So what happened to your Weight Challenge?”
“Ooohh you noticed that?” I fell off the Weight Wagon quite hard. As a matter of fact, I was Augustus Gloop from Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory “Augustus NO! Save some room for later!” You know the part just before he falls in Wonka’s Chocolate River, where he’s scooping the chocolate out of the river with his bare hands.
I have no excuses for my weight, just a lack of will power and exercise. Geez, to think I used to run 3 miles a day when I met my hubby. The other day he came home from being away for a night and I ran towards him with my normal goofy smile to give him a great big hug and his face said it all.. HOLY CRAP! Is she gonna jump on me? He looked like he didn’t know where to run for cover.
In my defense, lol Did I just say that? I did play soccer this year and had a great time, playing along side my sister, and getting rough and unladylike competitive on the field with the other teams. However, playing made me want to eat more, go figure!
So here’s a list of some things I’m going to “work” on over the next couple of months to try and get myself back in shape again…
1. Cutting out the snacks and eating after 7PM that includes the chocolate binges and sending hubby out for late night snacks.
2. Stop allowing people to sabotage my diet, my mum and my mother-in-law are good at this.
3. Start getting myself in shape to run again! I will have to start out by walk/running, because I’m carrying around the equivalent of about five adult size bowling balls, which is how I started running before.
4. Eat less carbs and starches. This is the one that has proved most difficult in the past because I love Pasta & Bread.
5. While I’m prepping myself for running again, try and work on a more calories out than in attitude.
Wish me luck! I really need to make it work as my weight’s gotten a bit out of hand. Which may mean I need to step away from the Laptop, get off my butt and exercise. Ooooh but I’m sooo addicted to blogging and reading blogs, look for my next post on needing to go to Bloggy Rehab entitled “Try to Make Me Go To Rehab, I wont go, go, go”. Alright enough with the songs! I think I could think of one for every situation..lol